Now in its third year, the Bristol Technology Festival is has become an annual highlight of the city’s calendar, with a week–long programme bringing together events, people and communities across the city to share, learn, explore and showcase the technology developed in our region.
With over 50+ inspiring events each year, this is Bristol’s largest technology collective, designed to support those working in the industry and celebrate the depth of our sector.
The Festival is run by a group of volunteer representatives from TechSPARK, Engine Shed, Hargreaves Lansdown, Bristol Tech Showcase, Newicon and Facebook. Our vision is for the organising team to evolve over time to continue to best represent the diverse range of current and potential stakeholders across our tech community.
Outside of some specific keynote opportunities, we aren’t looking to manage events directly, but rather provide an umbrella platform, supporting connectivity and encouraging collaboration to provide organisers with the greatest possible reach. Our objectives are to:
- Raise the profile of the Bristol tech sector – locally, nationally and internationally, by showcasing the existence of a broad breadth of activity in sectors and technologies.
- Make technology, technology jobs and technology entrepreneurship more accessible to more citizens of Bristol.
Any activities endorsed through the Festival should have alignment with our broader values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Community Engagement
- Responsible Innovation
The inaugural Festival, in 2019, showcased 42 events across 22 venues, with over 5,000 attendees. Last year’s Festival hosted 53 events, attracting over 5,000 attendees dialling in from places as far flung as Singapore and San Francisco. The target for 2021 is to reach an even greater audience.
Bristol Technology Festival 2021
The Festival will run 11-15 October 2021.
- Engine Shed will host a launch of the festival alongside Deloitte Digital to bring together key people in the sector to understand how tech will support the growth of the city in the future.
- For the 9th consecutive year, TechSPARK will host their annual SPARKies awards. The awards will gather 500 people to shine a light on the very best talent, products and companies that make up the tech sector in Bristol, Bath and the broader West of England region.
- FinTech West will host their annual fintech Summit to deep dive into the latest innovations, connect business in one of the UK’s key fintech communities.
2021 will also see the launch of the Festival Community Partner initiative where businesses across the city show their support by becoming one of 50 community partners, with all money invested into giving the festival a long-term sustainable future.
If you would be interesting in becoming an event host, sponsor, speaker or contributor – www.bristoltechfest.org