Casual Venue & Events Assistant
As business increases for evening event bookings, we’re looking for a casual Venue Assistant to support the existing venue team. This will normally cover ad-hoc weekday evenings, but occasionally weekday and weekends by agreement.
A casual contract working on ad-hoc evening events up to 10pm and occasional weekend events. Events vary in size and frequency, but on average equate around 20-30 hours a month over one or two events per week, although this amount of work cannot be guaranteed, hence the casual contract you will be employed on.
The role holder will get a handover from the day team who work until 5.30pm and then meet the organiser for the event. You will always be working with at least one other person and you are responsible for ensuring furniture, catering, presentation equipment and other needs are met. From time to time, for larger events or to cover staff holiday or absence, you may be offered additional hours to assist with reception or with office admin.
This is a busy environment and you will need to be quick to think and act on your feet. We need someone who can provide customer service at a level befitting our reputation. You will be prepared to muck in and will need to be physically able to help with moving tables and chairs.
• Previous customer focussed experience
• Confidence to step up and lead or take control of a situation
Supporting the existing team in the following:
• Manage reception hosting service for out of hours, and ad hoc events
• Assist hirer with the smooth running of their event
• Set up AV and other presentation equipment (training will be given)
• Assist with pre-planned and ad–hoc furniture moves
• Be responsible for safety and security during events
• Manage closing down of the building
Rate of pay is £10.51 per hour and is payable monthly by bank transfer.
How to apply
With CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 August