Engine Shed works in partnership with others to help colleagues access useful information that would be otherwise difficult to access. The in residences include investors and commercial property advice.
Engine Shed provides a number of “in-residencies” – sometime called ‘office hours’ – that are available to anyone – regardless of sector or growth stage.
Through these services we hope to make key expertise available to scaling companies across sectors, to enable growth. The in-Residence services are selected in response to the challenges we identify in the community, and the opportunities presented by strategic partnerships to benefit our mission.
We currently provide the following regular in-residencies:
for guidance on equity and social investment:
- Maven Capital Partners are a UK leading investor assisting in the growth and development of companies. The Bristol branch particularise in early stage technology startup, who are looking for investments (> £500,000) for startups looking to be part of the next generation of world class companies. Book here.
- Bristol & Bath Regional Capital (BBRC) is a community-minded investment company looking to work and engage with themes such as home & communities, community services and asset development, low carbon economy and the environment and employability & enterprise. Book here.
- Deepbridge Capital are growth capital specialists in the technology, renewable energy and life sciences. Book here.
- ADV (Accelerated Digital Ventures) invest in companies and founders with the long term ambition to build a generation- or industry-defining business. Their portfolio includes platforms, deep tech and direct sales companies. Book here.
2. Property, Skills, Networks and Inward Investment
(Last Tuesday of each month, 11am – 2pm)
- Invest Bristol + Bath in-Residence – the regions official inward investment agency. Their role is to support the regions priorities by promoting Bristol & Bath as the number one location to invest, work and live in. Bristol & Bath is home to five world-leading sectors: High Tech, Creative & Digital, Aerospace & Advanced Engineering, Financial & Professional Services and Energy. Invest Bristol & Bath is a free impartial service providing relocation support, research, property advice, skills & talent, networking and connections to growing companies already established in the region and support those looking to relocate. The business and accounts team will be on hand to provide information and support to businesses who want to grow in the Bristol and Bath region. To book, email email@example.com
3. Business Support
(Second Thursday of each month, 9:30am – 16:30pm)
- West of England Growth Hub in-Residence – services are free to all businesses throughout the West of England. The level of service we offer is universal, regardless of size, sector or location. We also offer up to 12 hours of free support tailored to the needs and goals of your business. The Growth Hub offers a drop in service on the 2nd Thursday of every month 09:30 – 16:30. Find out more about the support available here.
Please check back as this page will be updated as and when new in-residencies that will benefit the wider ecosystem are identified.
The Science Research Foundation (trading as Engine Shed) is not regulated and takes no responsibility for any advice provided as part of these in-Residence services.
In addition to the in-Residences that Engine Shed organises (in response to significant barriers to growth or strategic partnerships), the SETsquared Bristol Centre (the tech incubator that we host) runs it’s own in-residencies that are exclusively for SETsquared member companies. If you would like to find out more about the support they provide, please check out their website.