Engine Shed provides virtual membership of Geovation to members of one of the hubs, incubators or accelerators in the Bristol & Bath city-region.
Engine Shed has entered into a partnership with Geovation, the innovation arm of Ordnance Survey, so that the companies supported by either Engine Shed or Engine shed’s Network Partners (collectively, “Engine Shed Members”), benefit from the services that Geovation offer, as part of Engine Shed’s mission to stimulate economic growth in the West of England.
The benefits for Engine Shed and Network Partners’ members: *
- Access to the Geovation Hub Hot Desks (bookable in advance) in London (subject to Government guidelines). Includes facilities such as Wi-Fi, printing, concierge services, tea/coffee, and kitchen facilities.
- Engine Shed members entitled to a 25% discount off meeting room hire.
- Data Access – Engine Shed Members will have access to the richest geospatial content and data available for GB, through an appropriate licence.
- Access to Geovation business advice and mentorship; and weekly ‘tech surgery’ drop-in sessions, provided by the Geovation in-house software developer team.
- 25% off ‘Geovation SME Membership’ – to £225pa
- Receive invitations to Geovation events, workshops and training sessions and access to future paid workshops and events at a discount rate of 25% of the public rate, subject to availability.
The benefits for Geovation members: **
- Access to the Engine Shed Members’ Lounge from Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:30 (following Government guidlines.
- Geovation members can invite up to 2 guests to the Engine Shed Members’ Lounge for meetings.
- Access to discounted SETsquared workshops at Engine Shed (run by SETsquared Bristol), at a 25% discount of the public rate. Subject to availability.
- Business advice and mentorship – access to Engine Shed’s Investor-in Residence and other Engine Shed ‘in-residence’ services.
- Access to Engine Shed’s diverse range of events, which are tailored to start-ups, scale-ups and economic activity.
Engine Shed Network Partners
The intention is that this partnership should benefit early stage companies across the West of England and to strengthen the network of hubs, incubators, accelerators in the region, in the process. Engine Shed will manage this partnership but extend the benefits to members of Engine Shed’s network. We define an Engine Shed Network Partner as a member of [The Bristol & Bath Network] that Engine Shed curates and which meets on the 1st Friday of every month. There is no formal nature to the relationship between Engine Shed and its Network Partners
* Engine Shed, and Network Partners’, members wishing to gain access to the Geovation Hub and associated benefits of this partnership, will be required to sign up to the Geovation Membership Terms. A company wanting to apply must be referred to Lorraine Fairbanks at Engine Shed by email from the manager or equivalent at the Network Partner. Engine Shed will then forward this email to Geovation who will respond directly to the applicant and confirm membership. On confirmation of membership, Engine Shed will add their name to the list of validated Engine Shed members that is shared with Geovation.
** Geovation members wishing to gain access to the Engine Shed Members’ Lounge and associated benefits of this partnership, will be required to present their Geovation photo ID membership card; or show their digital profile on Nexudus (the Geovation membership platform) at the reception desk at Engine Shed, to gain access. Please contact Luke Hampson of Geovation for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Companies who are not paying members of one of Engine Shed’s Network Partners, should contact Geovation direct and access the various membership offers accordingly.
Engine Shed Network Partners
- Future Space
- Runway East (Bristol)
- Natwest Entrepreneurial Accelerator (Bristol)
- Spike Island
- SETsquared (Bristol)
- SETsquared (Bath)
- Pervasive Media Studio
- The Hive
- The Guild
- Origin Workspace
- Bristol and Bath Science Park
- Bristol VR Lab
- Redbrick House
- Black South West Network
- The Stable